Ver. 2.9 Update Notification
The Ver. 2.9 update is now available. Please update your app from the store.
*Click here for notes regarding the update.
- Spectator Mode Added to Room Match Battles! [NEW]
- Reigning TEPPEN Top Player added to Rankings!
- Ranked Match Consecutive Wins Now Displayed
- New Ranked Match “Akuma”
- New Season Pass Available
- Other Changes [UPDATE]
Spectator Mode Added to Room Match Battles! [NEW]
We have good news for live streamers! Spectator Mode has been added to Room Match Battles!
This is a helpful feature when streaming against other players, or when you host private tournaments!
■ How To Use Spectator Mode
1. Create a Room Match by going to the Home Screen → Battle → Room Match→ Create a Room.
2. In Room Settings select Allow Spectators.
3. When a Room is made, a Room Code will be made that you can share with the people you wish to spectate.
You can also invite Friends from the Battle Preparation screen. Players who have received a spectator invitation will receive an in-game notification.
4. Players who have received a Room Code can enter the code by going to Home Screen → Battle → Room Match→Spectate Battle.
5. Once the host and the guest have pressed the Ready button, the battle will start! Get hyped for the battle!
■ Precautions for Spectator Mode
– Spectator Mode can only used in Room Matches. Spectator Mode cannot be used in Ranked Matches, Grand Prix, or EX Grand Prix.
– Only players who know the Room Code and Friends that were invited can spectate the battle.
– The limit for spectators is 20 viewers.
– It is not possible to start spectating once the battle has already started. Please enter the room before the battle has begun.
– The battle cannot be spectated again if there is a connection error or the battle was interrupted. Please connect to a good connection when playing.
– Spectators will be viewing the battle from the host’s point of view. The battle cannot be viewed from the guest’s point of view.
– In the Allow Spectators settings, if Friends Only has been selected, only the host’s friends can spectate. Please be aware that the guest’s friends will not be able to spectate the battle.
Room Matches are a feature that allows you to battle another player directly by going to the Home Screen → Battle → Room Match.
If you’re using Create a Room, you can invite someone on your friends list or share your Room Code that is displayed to challenge a guest.
When using Join a Room, enter a Room Code to access the room.
Reigning TEPPEN Top Player added to Rankings!
A new TOP PLAYERS tab has been added to Rankings, and TEPPEN’s past top players will be published!
You can view it from Home Screen →Other→Rankings→TOP PLAYERS.
As an extra prize for the TEPPEN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2020, all participants will have their user names published!
Also, the top 100 players for 2020’s Tour Point rankings will also be published!
Ranked Match Consecutive Wins Now Displayed
On the Ranked Match Battle Results screen, the amount of Consecutive Wins will now be displayed.
*Consecutive Wins will be reset once the Ranked Match period is over.
New Ranked Match “Akuma”
The new Ranked Match “Akuma” has begun.
This will be the last Ranked Match for the calculations of 2020’s Tour Point Rankings!
Finish off this year’s ranked matches and aim for the top!
*Ranked Match “Akuma” will be available from Nov. 30, 2020 – Jan. 4, 2021, 15:59 (PT).
*Ranked Match “Akuma” will be available from 1 Dec. 2020 – 4 Jan. 2021, 23:59 (UTC).
*Click here for more details about Tour Points.
■ Cautionary Notes for Ranked Matches
*The final places are determined via tally at the end of the event period. The rankings displayed during the event are temporary and may differ from the final ranking places.
*If two players have the same number of points, ranking will instead be determined by the number of victories and the number of battles.
*The following actions are prohibited. Players who are found to have committed any of these actions are subject to being removed from the rankings.
- Tampering with data or utilizing unfair programs or exploits
- Using unsupported devices or unofficial operating systems
- Using inappropriate names that violate public morality
- Manipulating your wins and losses through collusion with other players or utilizing multiple accounts
- Violating Terms of Service
- Any other actions the management team deems inappropriate
Additionally, other measures such as account suspension may be taken. Please do not engage in any of these behaviors.
New Season Pass Available
Purchase a season pass to receive various extras over the course of the season.
A season pass may be purchased by pressing going to Home Screen → Shop → Purchase Season Pass.
*Season Pass extras and period of validity may be viewed in-game.
Other Changes [UPDATE]
- Changes in behavior when returning to the home screen
When a player whose Ranked Match has been released returns to the home screen after the battle in Ranked Matches, the “Battle” screen will be shown.
- Added the function to play the video of TEPPEN Ch.
In addition to pressing the “View Again” button, you can also play the video of TEPPEN Ch. by tapping the video thumbnail.
- The records of Room Matches are not shown in the match records ( “VS” tag) of the TEPPEN Ch.
- Changes to Some Game Text
- Some bugs have been fixed.
- Some visual aspects have been changed.
- Some aspects of UI, behavior, and communication processing have been updated.
■Notes Regarding the Update
*After the update, you will not be able to view battle replays from previous versions.
*After the update, Match Records in the TEPPEN Ch. will become temporarily unavailable.
We hope you continue to enjoy playing TEPPEN.